Search the blog

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Postcard Book

The last time I visited my father-in-law he gave me this old book of postcards. I have decided to use the Treasure Chest Thursday prompt from Geneabloggers as I work my way through the pages of the album.


Front Cover
 As you can see the album is in reasonably good condition and the binding is holding up well.

Page 1

Here we have the 1st page of the album. The postcards are slipped in rather than stuck with glue so they are easy to take out and check if there's anything on the back.

Meerut The Allahabad Bank

Meerut Banboo Grove Bhola

Mussoorie The Snows
 I then turned over the postcards - but they were all blank!

However, in very small writing you can see the words "Nestor Gianaclis, Ltd, Calcutta" so I know they are views of India.

A quick google produces these results from Wikipedia:

"Meerut is a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is an ancient city with settlements dating back to the Indus Valley civilization having been found in and around the area." Wikipedia
"Mussoorie is a hill station and a municipal board in the Dehradun District of the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is located about 35 km from the state capital of Dehradun and 290 km north from the national capital of New Delhi". Wikipedia
So I have an unexpected link to India - I wonder what the next page will bring.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Geneabloggers! Love the name of your blog & your graphics. Full circle is very true in genealogy. Hope you enjoy posting & make useful connections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen,
      Thank you for your lovely welcome and comments.
      I hope my future postings are of interest to you too.
      Jo

      Delete
  2. Postcards fascinate me, so I will be following this series of blog posts with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    I hope you enjoy them - some weeks I manage to find out a little bit more than others but the artwork on all of them is lovely.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete