Search the blog

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Getting ready for Who Do You Think You Are Live

As we've had a relatively quiet day at home today I've started to think about Saturday and my trip into London to Who Do You Think You Are Live (WDYTYALive) at Olympia.

I'm a subscriber to the magazine so I've got the show guide on my ipad already but don't really want to be walking around trying to figure out where I want to go on the day so I've made myself a hit list of who I want to visit and here are the lucky 14!

  1. PRONI (Public Records Office of Northern Ireland)
  2. GRONI (General Register for Northern Ireland)
  3. APG (Association of Professional Genealogists)
  4. AGRA (Association of Genealogists and Researchers of Archives)
  5. University of Dundee
  6. Family Historian Software by Calico Pie
  7. SOG (Society of Genealogists)
  8. Pharos Tutors
  9. NIFHS (Northern Ireland Family History Society)
  10. University of Strathclyde
  11. Guild of One Name Studies
  12. IHGS (Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies)
  13. Berkshire Family History Society
  14. East SurreyFamily History Society
Instead of wandering around with a map trying to work out where each table is I've created a personalised map for myself. Time will be at a premium as I'm taking my husband and I'm not sure how much patience he will have if I'm doing too much dithering! Obviously I'll be taking a look at everything else but these are my main targets


Looking at the map I do wonder what logic has been applied to how the tables are grouped together - for example it's odd that Dundee is on the opposite side of the hall to Strathclyde (which is in the Family History Society section) - but at least it ensures I'll be all over the place.

So, I know who I want to see and where they will be - I just need to work out what I want to chat to people about as I know how busy it gets.



No comments:

Post a Comment