Search the blog

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Postcard Book Page 7 - A Secret Postcard

This is part of my Postcard series - click on postcards in the label cloud at the side to see the rest.

Page 7 of the book had two postcards covered with vellum paper so initially I couldn't see where they were from.


All the postcards show pictures of Rome. The first has the title of Monumento a Vittorio Emanuelle II this translates as the Monument to Victor Emmanuel II. The alternative name is Altare della Patria, or the Altar of the Fatherland.


The second postcard was hidden under the paper and is entitled the Fontana dell'Esedra.  This fountain can now be found in the Piazza della Repubblica.

When I took out the third postcard I found out that there was another postcard underneath it. They were a bit stuck together but I managed to get them apart without any damage to the cards - probably what the vellum type paper was meant for.

The third postcard shows the tunnel under the Quirinale.


My extra postcard shows the famous Trevi fountain
 

It seems like the some of the sights of Rome are still the same as they are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment