Search the blog

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

52 Ancestors #14: Bridget McClements (Friary, Loughguile, Northern Ireland)

Wow - what a hectic time we're having at the moment!! School's out for Easter and I'm getting ready for a trip to Ireland next week as well as trying to finish off some coursework for my current Pharos course!

Following the release of the Northern Ireland records I've discovered a new ancestor - Bridget McClements. She is the Great x 4 Grandmother of my children.

All I know about Bridget is that she was married to Henry McNeely - a bootmaker. They had 4 children - Mary, Bridget, Henry and James. Bridget went on to marry James Hickison. Interestingly, the McNeely's were a Roman Catholic family but by 1901 when Bridget's daughter Bridget was part of the Hickinson family her religion has changed to Church of Ireland. I wonder if that was common?

Bridget died in 1900 at the age of 70 (or possibly 73 depending on which way you squint at the number on the death record!) in Friary.

I'm hoping to find out more about the McClements family in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Ann Cunningham and my grandmothers mother was Ellen McNeely, she was the child of Henry and Elizabeth. I think that perhaps elizabeth died and then Henry married Bridget and had Hannah. Have you found anymore out about your family roots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Ann Cunningham and my grandmothers mother was Ellen McNeely, she was the child of Henry and Elizabeth. I think that perhaps elizabeth died and then Henry married Bridget and had Hannah. Have you found anymore out about your family roots?

    ReplyDelete